Snacks & Confectionery A averlynn-lim December 29, 2012 421
What You Pay, Is What You Get!
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

The moment I walked in the almost pure white Royce outlet at ION Orchard, I could already guess the value of their prices tags without looking. The decor of the store is slick, simple and classy - just what you would expect of a shop selling chocolate at the price of average $10-$15. Royce's target audience is clearly more of the high to mid range kind, but who says you can't indulge in quality chocolate once in while?

And the Royce chocolate is definitely quality chocolate! I literally drool every time I think of the melt-in-mouth goodness that is Royce! My personal favourite out of Royce's entire line of chocolate is the Nama Chocolate series and I absolutely recommend it to anyone with a bit more budget and soft spot for chocolate! It may seem unassuming with it's plain appearance, just cubes of chocolate sprinkled with cocoa powder, but it is COMPLETELY worth all those 15 bucks! From the initial taste of the bitter cocoa powder to the creamy, melting taste of the rich nama chocolate, it is bound to leave you craving for more!

Besides, the slick, simple and classy packaging that matches the store decor makes it a good gift for any occasion, be it Christmas or a birthday gift for a chocolate fanatic! My own friends were definitely happy to receive a box of Royce Nama Chocolate.

The only thing I have any complains about is the service at the store, particularly the ION Orchard outlet. Me and my friend had to hang around the counter for quite some time before the salesgirl meandered over to serve us. And the funniest thing was that we were the only patrons at the store! Perhaps it was because we were students and she assumed that we didn't have the budget for anything at the store. I do hope to see improvements regarding this the next time I visit that outlet!

Optional Information:

Best Part:
Eating the chocolate!! ;)
Branch Location:
ION Orchard
Recommend to Friend:
Yes
LC
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments