Review Detail

Snacks & Confectionery M melody May 13, 2012 3412
Delightful Dessert
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Overall Score 

My mother always used to get Ritz Apple Strudel as a thank you gift from one of her students and I have always loved those times as well! This apple strudel may come in a large log or you may purchase it in smaller quantities. The one we received was always in a full log of crispy and creamy custard goodness.

The apple strudel is best eaten chilled as it hardens the custard a little to prevent it from flowing everywhere and becoming very messy. Also, a cold dessert also increases the enjoyment value especially in Singapore with such weather. The dessert by itself is already very delicate with its thin pastry layers, so eating it will definitely get messy without the chilling process!

The strudel has just the right amount of sweetness and the texture of the custard is smooth and creamy. The baked apple is sweeter than the custard and tastes soft and delicious. I am always able to finish a large chunk on my own because the taste is not strong and it is just such a delightful dessert!

The only downside is that it is not easy to find the outlets of Ritz as you would not find them in malls, but rather in the neighbourhoods.

Optional Information:

Recommend to Friend:
Yes
D
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments