Snacks & Confectionery A alleys-scavenger April 17, 2012 393
Delightful Snacks
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

Old Chang Kee is an all time favourite for me! I like to call it “Old Chunky” because of the meaty chicken wings which are one of their most popular items.

Old Chang Kee is conveniently found in almost all major shopping centres and also scattered around places such as MRT stations and National University of Singapore. I frequent Old Chunky for its chicken wings, squid tentacles, gyoza and spring roll, which is of the ultimate crispiness and flavour. Sometimes the items might have been left there for a while though, as I have experienced a soft spring roll before which is not as delightful. However, the taste is still fulfilling.

There is a wide range of snacks to choose from and the list is always getting longer! All the food may be considered unhealthy, but it is satisfying for a little snack during the day. They also have an eat-in outlet at Paya Lebar which I have yet to try but am looking forward to doing so someday.

Overall Old Chang Kee definitely delivers in terms of bringing out the taste of old time favourite snacks such as carrot cake as well as appealing to those who like crab or prawn fillets which are more westernized.

Optional Information:

Average Spent Per Person:
Best Part:
gyoza
D
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments