Review Detail

Snacks & Confectionery A alleys-scavenger April 17, 2012 393
The not-too-healthy snack
Overall Score 

The mention of Old Chang Kee and many would think of their curry puff. They do sell a variety of (fried) snacks too. If you are in a rush, just get something and go. Their snacks are good, just oily. The staff are friendly too.

They are constantly coming up with new items on the menu, enticing customers to buy and try. With their latest salted egg prawn and chilli crab curry puff, I bought a set. They are two separate flavours but if you get both, it is at S$3 a set. At about S$1.50 each, do not expect to find chunks of real crab meat or prawns in either. The previous time I bought the salted egg prawn curry puff, there was only one relatively small prawn but guess it is good enough for the price paid. Among the two new ones, I prefer the chili crab curry puff. Otherwise, just go for Curry’O and you will not go wrong.

Eat while it is hot otherwise when it gets cold, it will turn soggy and much more oily. This is also the time when you will start to realize the amount of oil in each skewer or chicken wing. Sinful but hard to resist.
A
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments