The good and the not-so-good.
(Updated: May 07, 2012)
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

Old Chang Kee is famous for its fried, oily, tasty, yummy, local delights. Everyone who grew up loving local savoury would love this joint. I’m going to talk about my favourite few items in its line up. And also comment on its recent bad publicity.

First up. Curry puff. If you have seen my review on Polar Puffs, which produce the best flaky, crispy, curry puffs in Singapore, this brand name provides one of the best mainstream, “SMOOTH SKIN” type of potato curry puffs. The perfect thickness of its skin, and the amazing consistency in which all the outlets produce these curry puffs at, is just outstanding. On top of that, the crab meat stick is also great. The crisp golden brown skin and the white tofu ish insides make crab meat lovers want more than the 3 piece stick that is offered.

This being said. Old Chang Kee’s latest bad publicity regarding its famous Facebook “cockroach” picture is a testament to its service and hygiene deficiencies. The hiring of cheap and disinterested staff in many of its outlets, some I suspect, do not even know what they are selling, are the source of rude, irresponsible, and insensitive service. I, for one, went home to realize that the favourite curry puff I ordered, turned out to be a damn Sardine Puff.

Optional Information:

Average Spent Per Person:
Best Part:
curry puff
Branch Location:
all
Recommend to Friend:
Yes
I
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 2 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
October 07, 2012
hahaha I laughed so hard at that last line! :)
A
admin
1 results - showing 1 - 1