Review Detail

Snacks & Confectionery A alleys-scavenger April 17, 2012 393
Best local snack
Overall Score 

Perhaps one of the most famous stalls in Singapore, Old Chang Kee offers tasty and affordable (all stick foods are less than $2!) finger food that are well received by both old and young alike. Situated all over Singapore, you can easily stumble upon an Old Chang Kee outlet (or kiosk) even when you aren’t particularly looking for one. Their prominent signature yellow and white signboard attracts your attention easily.

The variety of options is rather huge and my favourite orders are the Sotong balls and the nuggets. The tiny prawn fritters are good as well. As I am not a fan of curry puffs, I usually skip them unless I have a special craving on certain days. My favourite ones are the curry ones. Fans of seafood would be glad to know that there is a plethora of fried seafood on stick to choose from!

Old Chang Kee chicken wings are indeed not famous for nothing. I love the golden crispy exterior and the tender meat. It can be quite a hassle to eat chicken wings outside, so I don’t order this often. But they’re so worth the $1.20.

Old Chang Kee also caters to parties and so place your (huge) orders early!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments