Snacks & Confectionery X xinty July 04, 2012 477
Childhood memories in one sweet bite!
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

I think I might be biased when it comes to Loong Fatt Tau Sar Piah. For all of your readers who are not exactly sure what tau sar piah is, it is essentially a flaky biscuit or pastry filled with bean paste; a cousin of the traditional wife cake.

Currently, the only store I know near my vicinity which sells to-die-for tau sar piah is the Loong Fatt outlet located along Balestier Road. Growing up, I have lived for this sweet snack and constantly crave for the sinful indulgence of this local delicacy. Despite the appearance of cupcakes, ice-cream parlors and low-fat yoghurt for competition, tau sar piah remains nostalgic of one's childhood snack and for less than a dollar per piece, tau sar piah is a food tradition that should not be forgotten!

The sweet and savory flavors are two of the more original concepts for this Chinese pastry. It is easy to spot the difference between the two- the sweet filling tau sar piah is laden with white sesame seeds atop the pastry shell, whereas the salty filling is contained within a smooth, glazed texture of a crust. Both are without a doubt delicious, but my hands-down favorite has got to be the sweet filling tau sar piah.

Optional Information:

Average Spent Per Person:
Best Part:
Sweet Tau Sar Piah
Branch Location:
Balestier Road
Recommend to Friend:
Yes
SS
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments