Review Detail

Snacks & Confectionery A alleys-scavenger April 18, 2012 467
Overpowering sweetness
(Updated: April 23, 2012)
Overall Score 

Garrett's Popcorn has been a huge favourite amongst the youngsters since it opened. I first encountered one of its store in City Link mall, and its overpowering sweetness captured my attention. Coupled with Hershey's right next to it, the smell itself is enough to give you diabetes!

I have never had a sweet tooth, but even so, I could not resist giving it a try when they gave out a sample cup of their popcorn. The sample was a mix of caramel popcorn and cheese favoured popcorns. They seem to complement each other, the caramel being sweet whereas the cheese was more bland and cheesy. When my friend decided to buy a pack home, I decided to buy one back too since the small cup was too little and not satisfying.

One small pack was priced at $8. It might seem a little hefty for a pack of popcorn, but the amount in one small pack was certainly huge. If you are eating it alone, it sure is more than enough. You definitely cannot finish it all at one go, even if you have a sweet-tooth and love popcorn.

I brought home to share with my sister, but both of us did not have a sweet-tooth, and we could not even finish 1/4 of the whole pack. It was certainly much too sweet, and it gets overpowering after awhile. It's a good thing you can store it, so long as its stored in an air-tight container.

My verdict for this popcorn would be that unless you have a sweet-tooth and absolutely love desserts and sweet stuff like this, I think you'll, like me, prefer to stick to the old traditional mix of sweet and salty popcorns offered at the cinemas.
D
Top 50 Reviewer 94 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments