Review Detail

Local Dessert D dawntillmidnight April 22, 2012 1707
Pudding or beancurd?
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

Mind the queue when it first got so popular. Many of us would have rushed to try Lao Bao Soya Beancurd. Looks like the hype died down but it still has many loyal customers. There is one of its stores at Jurong East Interchange with a short queue almost every afternoon and evening, after work or school.

The first time I tried Lao Ban Soya Beancurd, its texture was so fine that I thought I just had pudding. Not a bad thing, just that some might prefer the traditional beancurd you get from hawker centres. My favourite would be the original as well as the almond beancurd. Though I must say, not everyone might like the taste of almond at their first try. The almond taste in Lao Ban however is not too overpowering and people who try it for the first time might just be able to accept its taste.

I must agree that Lao Ban Soya Beancurd is best served chilled, especially during a warm day. For take-outs, be mindful not to sway or move the plastic bag carrying the beancurd around too much as the beancurd might just turn into soyabean milk. Lao Ban Soya Beancurd should not be compared with our traditional beancurd as to me, both are equally good.
A
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments