Review Detail

Bakery & Cakery A alleys-scavenger April 17, 2012 1339
Need a tastier cake
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Value 

Overall Score 

Frankly, whenever i pass by one of this icing room outlets, there will always be a lot of people, young and old, men and women, standing around and trying to make this unique cake for some reason. I only have one thought in my mind. "Just another marketing gimmick to tap on people's desire to create a unique gift".

I will give kudos to the shop for coming up with this idea to let people design their own cake. In terms of pricing, it aren't too expensive. The small one cost less than $13, and the big one is less than $30 and you get enough ingredients for you to decorate the cake accordingly to your own wishes. But a cake should still taste like one. I have tasted the vanilla flavour before. And i must say that i am not very impressed by the taste and texture of the cake.

The cake tasted too sweet and the texture feels rough, something i do not expect from an established brand. I think it's not just about the diy of this cake, ultimately a cake should still taste like one to complement the uniqueness of the cake.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments