Review Detail

Bakery & Cakery F farshafarsha April 16, 2012 631
Like biting into a cloud of ethereal glory.
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

Words cannot describe how I feel about Plain Vanilla cupcakes. But in hopes to convert you to these bite-sized glorious creations, I will try.

I first tried on at a flea market in the National Museum. It was the mint-green logo that caught my eye. But it was the taste that turned me into a zealot. Upon trying the cinnamon brown sugar cupcake, my life was changed forever. It was like biting into a flavourful cloud that was neither too moist or dry but a delicate balance in-between. The fragrance of the cinnamon melded together with the soft sweetness of the brown sugar and as you chewed, you realised that the cupcake god was born and her name was Vanessa, that's the owner by the way. I don't know how she does it but she turns all other cupcakes to stodgy, cloyingly sweet sponges. So far there's only been one other brand that's matched up, but that's a story for another day.

Plain Vanilla manages to create the perfectly balance, no, symmetry, of flavours, fragrances and textures needed in a perfect cupcake and the icing used has never disappointed either. It never overwhelms but brings out the flavours of the cupcakes. While their flavours aren't the most innovative, they are the best of each.

Be sure to try my other two favourites as well! The earl grey lavender and the salted caramel: Pinnacles of perfection.

Optional Information:

Best Part:
The cinnamon brown sugar cupcake
Branch Location:
Tiong Bahru
Recommend to Friend:
Yes
AJ
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments