Review Detail

Bakery & Cakery J jeremy October 18, 2012 638
An Indulgence Worth Every Bit
Overall Score 

"Paris is always a good idea", says Audrey Hepburn. Well, she was most definitely not referring to Paris Baguette, but Paris (Baguette) is always a good idea too. Whether you're trying to go slightly budget or keen to indulge on some wonderful pastries, there will always be something for anyone and everyone here. Don't be surprised to find many Koreans hanging around this Korean bakery, too, and you'll find that some of their service staff are authentically Koreans themselves!

One new item on the menu I'd like to mention would be the Alaska Waffles. Think thick fluffy buttermilk waffles stacked together with 2 huge scoops of vanilla and raspberry icecream, decked with fresh blackberries and raspberries buried in a yogurt dressing. This was such a sin, seriously, but sharing it makes it perfect for a treat! We shared this for dinner, so it wasn't too bad. This item fired off a massive Copycat Syndrome though, because everyone else who saw it would point it out to whoever they're with, and then end up ordering it just the same. We did that, and the people beside us did that too. Yes, it really is bloody good, and super pretty looking.

Go straight for their cakes if you can't decide what to get. I especially loved the Earl Grey cake that was flavorfully moist, and also because anything Earl Grey's able to fix me up in a whiff. The reason why Paris Baguette's such a hit with even Korean ladies conscious about calories and stuff is simply because they are so refreshingly pretty, and are given such cutesy looking names. How's HaHa Family for a slice of chocolate cake decorated with quirky eyes on a huge strawberry?

P.S Give the tiramisu a miss, it was hard, void of much taste and a waste of calories.

Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
November 01, 2013
wah 5 stars!! yea even Chloe loves this place so much
B
bryan-choo
1 results - showing 1 - 1