Lady M Confections Logo
Bakery & Cakery I ivan-teh October 12, 2013 1593
Perfect for High Tea
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Overall Score 

Lady M Confections is an easy-to-locate cafe, complete with a posh contemporary interior and beautifully set tables, making it perfect for a catch up session with my friends over high tea. At first glance, we thought the cakes are sold out, which gave us a mini heart-attack. When we walked closer, we realised that the cakes are merely displayed on a lower counter, hidden from plain sight. Phew.

The vanilla mille crepe cake is to die for, with each bite melting in my mouth. Sinfully sweet, vanilla-infused cream sandwiched between thin layers of crepe, what more could I ask for? It is so much better than regular cake, I think I might never go back to normal sponge cake ever again. We also had the matcha mousse cake, a less sweet option and a must-have for matcha addicts like yours truly, as well as the strawberry shortcake with its fresh strawberries. Bonus points for aesthetic appeal as the cakes looked very pretty on their white porcelain plates.T'was truly a great afternoon for my tummy and Instagram.

The only disappointing thing was the service, as one of the staff members seemed a little snobby and displeased with having to tend to our queries. It was the only black mark to my otherwise enjoyable experience.

Optional Information:

Average Spent Per Person:
Recommend to Friend:
Yes
LW
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments