Review Detail

Western Restaurants A averlynn-lim December 15, 2012 163
Red Velvet Cake
Overall Score 

Came to FBB when I was around Clarke Quay, and admittedly got lost and almost gave up the search. They say that it is opposite Liang Court; it is opposite, but you have to cross the road and you essentially reach the foot of Fort Canning Park.

I was seated outside the restaurant with my friend at one of the bigger lounge space facing out. It is quite a different experience from the usual since we sat out and the place was relatively quiet, and you look out to the opposite street (Liang Court) which was more bustling. Quite a refreshing experience.

We got the Red Velvet Cake which was really good, the chiffon cake was soft and moist and the cream cheese cream was very light. I didn't realised it was cream cheese until I almost finished it. It was the first red velvet that I've tried and it made a good first impression. Unfortunately, there were only choice of around 5 different cakes when we enter the FBB and we didnt get other cakes to try on.

I love how they serve the water in a large glass jug which you would have to pour the water into the cups yourself, but I thought it is really interesting and I like it. You no longer have to ask the staff to refill your water and that saves you the awkwardness and time.

Might return for the red velvet cake or try the others if I'm in the vicinity but I wouldn't go specially for it. It is too much of a hassle.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments