Review Detail

Western Restaurants A averlynn-lim December 15, 2012 190
Mouthwatering cakes, get ready to drool
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

On my journey to the FBB, I got lost multiple times because many sites clearly stated that the FBB is "Opposite Liang Court" but to my dismay, I couldn't find the cafe there! Google maps was of no help. Finally, when I found the FBB, it was actually at the foothills of Fort Canning Park and the nearest MRT station was Clarke Quay.

Despite the exhausting search, I really had a great time at this spacious and well-lit cafe. As I went on a weekday, the place was not very crowded and I managed to get a seat in the air-conditioned part of the cafe. The weather was blistering hot and I absolutely refused to sit outside (For those who don't mind, there are ceiling fans to cool those brave customers).

My friend and I ordered the Triple Chocolate Cake ($7), Carribean Lemon Slice Cake and Ad Fab Red Velvet Cake ($8.50). Their red velvet cake was surprisingly good and it remained the best one of its kind I've had thus far. Otherwise, the other cakes I've tried were fantastic and I wish I had the stomach space to try more. The FBB do offer main dishes but unfortunately, they weren't available by the time I arrived at the cafe.

Optional Information:

Average Spent Per Person:
Best Part:
Good quality cakes at decent prices
Recommend to Friend:
Yes
S
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments