Review Detail

Western Restaurants W wei-ling September 06, 2013 131
Coffee, Cakes, & Wifi
(Updated: September 06, 2013)
Overall Score 

I like this place, and during my first time there, I had a cafe latte that was super comforting. I was having a bad afternoon, but this small happy place seemed to make my day feel a lot better. And it was a delight when I found that the latte came with my favourite Malongo coffee biscuit. After missing it from a previous trip to another cafe, imagine how happy I was to find it there :D

With a huge variety of cakes and pastries displayed tantalizingly on their display, I was totally spoilt for choice. I couldn't decide if I should get their "Healthy Tofu Cheesecake", as they call it, or their 6-layer rainbow cake slabbed with white buttercream, that was like $8/slice. Uhmmmm, after hesitating for quite a while, I decided to save my calories in the end and didn't get any cake. Another time maybe.

Because this place has free wifi as well (yay yay triple yay!), I happily trudged here again with my friend on a slow Wednesday afternoon to complete some work! She had a Chocolate-tea, which was both strange and unique in my opinion. Tried it and it was actly not bad, since you get your tea fix with some sweet chocolate. I had a latte again (boring, I know) with their salmon foccacia bread w scrambled eggs for lunch. Let's be honest, it didn't look appealing at all. I was surprised at how awesome it tasted though - you can have confidence in their scrambled eggs, definitely.

Although this place is at Serangoon Gardens, it isn't difficult to access or find at all, and is only a short walk away from the main road. It's pretty quiet on weekdays, which makes this a good place to chill at. Does look like it can get really noisy when it's crowded though, because of the design of its walls.

Optional Information:

Recommend to Friend:
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments