Great American fare
(Updated: December 14, 2012)
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

If you love junk food like burgers and fries, this is the place for you. Their burgers are among the best I've tasted, but their fries are perhaps *the* best fries I have ever eaten in a long time. (Oh, by the way, I'm talking about the outlet at Orchard. For some reason, the outlet at Jurong East serves really bland fries.) They are thick and crisp and fluffy on the inside, seasoned with a light sprinkle of what I think is paprika and *just the right amount* of salt. It is a very simple but highly addictive taste, and potato junkies are bound to love it.

I would also recommend their Eggs Ben but it is unlike the traditional Eggs Ben that you get in Wild Honey and other breakfast places because it's given a "junk food" spin. Their version of Eggs Ben is two muffins crowned with poached eggs and what I think is black forest ham and a generous splash of hollandaise nestled in a sea of their super-addictive fries. It looked really messy but, hey, the taste is all that matters. And it was perfect.

Their cakes are not that great though, which is strange because I think Pique Nique prides itself on its cakes. But really, their cakes (and cupcakes, which are preposterously overpriced), while by no means horrible, are mediocre at best. A friend remarked that their Red Velvet looked weird. (I might add that they taste a little weird too.) The Blackout chocolate cake or whatever it is called isn't anything impressive either; I would recommend fudge and cocoa lovers to go elsewhere. As a general comment about the cakes at Pique Nique, they're most of them quite dry on the inside where there's not much frosting.

So I'd recommend only their breakfast items, burgers, and fries. Satisfy your cake cravings at some other place.

Optional Information:

Recommend to Friend:
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments