Western Restaurants S shalene April 05, 2012 513
Lower quality Copy of Fish & Co ?
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

Similar to Fish & Co., Manhattan Fish Market offers pretty much the same kind of food but at a lower quality. Tried their seafood platter before and it has way too much rice and fries and did not taste quite as good as Fish & Co.. They have unique flamed grilled prawns where they will flame the prawns in front of you before serving. But that’s about that. The sauce they drizzle over the prawns is too heavy and creamy that it masked the delicious grilled prawns’ aroma.

The restaurant at Plaza Singapura is really cramped and is not ideal to go on a Friday evening or weekends. There are too many people queuing outside and too many people inside that you can hear what the diners at the next table to talking. And it is disturbing to have service staff brushing past near you as you eat – because tables are too near each other. One other horrid experience I had at the Central branch was my discovery of fungus in the pepper shaker. I was shaking it and nothing came out, so I opened the cover and to my horror found white fluffy fungus inside. I informed the staff and they just replaced it with another pepper shaker and that was it. Will not visit Manhattan unless my friends insist on going there to eat. But I will never ever touch their pepper ever.

Optional Information:

Recommend to Friend:
No
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 2 0

Comments