Review Detail

Western Restaurants S shalene April 05, 2012 511
fresh catch!
Overall Score 

I am personally not a fish person and I hardly patronize restaurants like Manhattan Fish Market (MFM) and Fish & Co, but personal preferences remain as personal and I do dine at these restaurants when the need arises. For example, a gathering! So my latest trip to MFM was at the outlet at Junction 8. The outlet was quite empty at around 5plus and my friends and I got our seats in a short while. We ordered the set that came with the fries, fish and various seafood. It comes in a huge squarish metal pan! If the restaurant is packed by the time you arrive, you'll probably see many of that on tables of others when you walk in the restaurant.

We ordered two of that and waited for about 20 minutes for the dishes to arrive. Longer time might be positive because it probably means that they are preparing the dish from scratch. Fresh! Another probability might be they are taking their own sweet time and dilly-dallying. Forgivable if the ultimate result is fresh, tasty food. In this case, it is! The fish is fluffy on the inside and fried to crispy perfection. Just felt that the batter was a tad too salty but maybe that's just me? The prawns were succulent and prawn heads came along with it. I always feel that the prawn heads make everything look more authentic. If you are heading there in a group, I would recommend getting this set to share instead of ordering individual dishes. The set has everything that you need to taste from here and is at a great value as opposed to individual ordering. For a non-fish lover like me, I think it is good and I wouldn't mind having to eat fish there again if there was a gathering. I wouldn't head there alone though because it means that I would not be able to order the sets (I don't have a Hulk appetite) and I really like the combination of being able to eat the prawns, then the fries then a bit of the fish. You get the idea ;)

Optional Information:

Recommend to Friend:
Yes
A
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments