Review Detail

Western Restaurants A averlynn-lim November 04, 2013 383
Great ambience, great staff!
Overall Score 

I visited Habitat Coffee with my CCA mates after school one day because it is relatively near to my school - just a few bus stops away. When we arrived at the place, I found that it was a very cosy and pretty café and I immediately loved the ambience.

Once we got the menu, I was surprised to find that they sell food that's not commonly found in Singapore - like churros and poutine! Being students on a budget, we couldn't afford to buy both the churros and the poutine but after much deliberation, we split money to buy a serving of poutine, which was EXCELLENT.

I personally ordered the pasta and it was wonderful! The portion was just nice and it came with a generous serving of sausages.

As it was my friend's birthday, I ordered a slice of cake from the counter staff and asked if they had candles and how much they were. To my surprise, they were free and the staff even asked how many candles I would like. How thoughtful! Thinking that the cake would just arrive on a regular plate with the candles on the side, I was shocked when they served the cake on a plate with the words "Happy Birthday! :)" written in chocolate, and the candle stuck perfectly into the centre of the cake. They even helped us light the candle in front of my friend, sang the birthday song with us and helped us take pictures. The extra effort was really nice!

I really like the place and the staff were great too. I'd definitely visit again sometime soon!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments