Western Restaurants A alleys-scavenger April 18, 2012 292
boring western food
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

Western food was and will never be a big part of my diet. If it wasn't for a gathering that I had to attend here, I probably would have never stepped foot into this place. BREEKS cafe sells Western food like burgers, pasta, fish and chips at restaurant prices. Around $14.90 - $17.90 per dish would be a safe estimate. I ordered a serving of fish and chips because I didn't felt like having pasta that day and I would prefer going to an Italian restaurant for pasta. After all, if a Western place cannot do fish and chips well, how can it call itself a Western cafe right?

The fish and chips surprised me. In a bad way. The fish was most likely frozen fish and the batter was so heavy. I like fish and chips that are light and fluffy. Definitely not this. I could walk to Holland Village market and get better fish and chips for 1/3 or 1/4 the price. This place is not only expensive, but not impressive at all. Just below average Western food at bad prices. Service was average. The store was clean and felt comfortable though, that's the saving factor of Breeks. If you are truly looking for a good place to have Western food at, I would not recommend visiting Breeks. Needless to say, I won't be coming back here again!

Optional Information:

Branch Location:
Holland V
Recommend to Friend:
No
A
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments