Western Restaurants K kremekitten September 22, 2013 455
No GST and service charge!
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

49 Seats is another one of those cafes that do away with GST and service charge - something which I do appreciate a lot. Who doesn't like affordable food? ;) Located near Outram Park MRT, it's very accessible and easy to get to too.

For mains, we decided to order the crowd favourites - Tom Yum Seafood Pasta ($12.90) and Old Fashioned Fish & Chips with Al Scampi Sauce ($16.90). The tom yum cream sauce was really yummy, tasty and not too gelat (overbearing). The fish & chips, on the other hand, was pretty mediocre but I personally liked the al scampi sauce. It tastes more like clam chowder soup than a sauce but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. Ended up eating the sauce on its own. We initially wanted to share cheese fries as well but we were too full from the mains. It does look super yummy with all the cheese though!

Overall, the food is good but nothing much to shout about. Probably wouldn't crave for their food but I'll still be back because their prices are decent and they're always having offers/promotions (check out their FB page). Another plus point is that they accept reservations too. Convenient for big groups and they're open till 2am so I would say it's still quite a good place to hangout with friends over some beer and cheese fries. :)

Optional Information:

Average Spent Per Person:
Branch Location:
Outram Park
Recommend to Friend:
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments