Thai Restaurants F farshafarsha April 04, 2012 1394
Will be back for more!
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

Upon friends' recommendation, my friend and I recently headed there on a Thursday evening for an early dinner - early because we heard the queue forms rapidly so we were compelled to make the extra effort to camp for dinner service. There were fellow campers there already when we reached around 515pm. Be sure to visit early lest you have to wait to seats!

This eatery has simple thai-style decor, a comprehensive menu, and affordably priced authentic thai food. Nakhon Kitchen boasts friendly, efficient service staff too. They were ever so accommodating when we had them refill our (free) iced water a few times, and patient when we couldn't decide on the dishes we wanted. We settled for Thai Iced Tea, Papaya Salad, Pandan Leaves Chicken, Phad Thai, Tomyumgoong (thick) and a plate of white rice. All these added up to only about $25 for two pax! My favourite pick is the tomyumgoong! It was kickass spicy but so good. I liked that the Thai iced tea was just right, not too milky, not too sweet unlike some which I've tried in Bangkok. Phad Thai was good with a zesty touch. The pandan leaves chicken seems to rather popular with the online community but it was too oily and fatty for my liking. The papaya salad was mediocre, you can do without it.

In a nutshell, my love for thai-food is kindled. I will definitely head back for more soon! This is better than Ah Loy Thai in my opinion and extra brownie points for not needing a long waiting time for our dishes to be served piping hot. Definitely counting my lucky stars that Nakhon Kitchen is located in Kovan, considerably close to where I live.

Optional Information:

Branch Location:
Kovan
Recommend to Friend:
Yes
DB
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments