Thai Restaurants S subathrad April 19, 2012 397
Authentic Thai food
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

Ah Loy Thai is an authentic Thai eatery tucked in a rather quiet place- Shaw Towers. I heard many raves about it and finally made my way there one day with my boyfriend. There was a long queue at around 6.30pm and we got our seats about 20 minutes later.

It is a fuss free eatery with little decor and orders are made through the paper menu. We ordered the Tom Yum soup, butter squid, and the pandan chicken to share. All 3 orders were like BINGO! Delicious!. The Tom Yum soup was fiery and perfect together with the white rice. Only gripe was that the ingredients were a tad too little. The butter squid was a unique innovation, it was so tantalizing and i kept taking one after another. It was yummy yet not too oily.

Ah Loy Thai is one of the best thai eatery that is authentic and i defintely recommend anyone who wants to try, to come. Be prepared to queue though. Another reminder, it closes pretty early, like 8pm on Friday, so it will be good to note the timing as my friend got rejected once at 8pm as they do not take in orders from then.
JH
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments