Makes Starbucks taste like crap any day
(Updated: May 11, 2014)
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

Great cafe-like ambience and Japanese restaurant fare --- that's how I'd like to think of St. Marc. For those who are into cafes for the ambience but sick of the typical cafe fare (substandard, over-sweetened muffins, cold sandwiches, blends of tea or coffee slapped together in one crappy concoction), I do recommend giving St. Marc a try.

There is a range of Japanese restaurant food you can order -- from curry rice to parfait desserts to soft-serve ice cream to their signature 'Chococro' croissants. The Matcha Daifuku Chococro was ingenious (though it seems that you just can't go wrong with matcha). Nestled beneath the crisp exterior is a treasure trove of matcha-flavoured cream and mochi balls filled with red bean paste.

But, whatever you choose to get at St. Marc, it just wouldn't do to give their Matcha Latte a miss. Think of a thick, creamy, milky brew thoroughly infused with the robust flavour of matcha. And what a soul-soothing combination it is --- the richness and creaminess of the latte mellowed by the floral notes and tannic character of matcha. I could sip on such a divine brew all day any day.

Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments