Japanese Restaurants A alleys-scavenger April 18, 2012 256
Loving the soup spaghetti!
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

At times when I feel like spending a little more than I usually do on a meal, Pasta de Waraku would be one of the first few places to pop up in my mind. I've been of a fan of this restaurant since 2008 when I first visited the outlet at Changi Airport.

Although I really like their classic flavours like Bolognaise or Carbonara, my most favourite choice would be their chicken and egg soup spaghetti! I originally tried this dish out of curiousity to know how it tastes like. There is a very Japanese-feel to the dish based on the flavour of the soup, and it kind of feels like I am eating ramen, except that I find that this tastes BETTER. I only wish this dish could be part of a lunch or dinner promotion menu, because when I last visited this place with my family, we ended up ordering from the set lunch menu (because it's cheaper of course), and I will eventually have to eat from the set lunch menu because the portion is quite heavy (sharing is caring, haha).

For the set lunch, they have a few choices of combinations, such as spaghetti bolognaise and fish and chips, or carbonara and ribeye steak. In my opinion, their non-spaghetti dishes taste pretty mediocre, so I would prefer to just order the spaghetti from the a-la carte menu in future, and some of my family members even agreed with me on this!

Optional Information:

Average Spent Per Person:
Best Part:
Chicken & Egg Soup Spaghetti, Carbonara, Spaghetti Bolognaise
Recommend to Friend:
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments