Japanese Restaurants K kuchiki December 27, 2012 772
My most favourite ramen in Singapore
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

This place serves my most favourite ramen in Singapore. You must absolutely try it! Here are some highlights: the soup base is not the usual pork-bone type, but a thick chicken stock. The chaashuu (fatty pork) is really well seasoned and melts in your mouth. Order the grilled one if you can afford to splurge a bit, trust me - you'll get hooked. The aji-tamago is simply one of the best I've had. They've not only managed to perfect the semi-boiled texture of the egg but the soya sauce flavour as well.

The basic Marutama ramen comes with a generous serving of fresh spring onions, seaweed and just one slice of chaashuu, so I usually order an additional aji-tamago or extra slices of chaashuu to go with. Other items on the menu include a version of ramen served with a huge portion of vegetables (carrots, cabbage, beansprouts, seaweed, etc), and one that comes with chicken meatballs instead of chaashuu. Side dishes like gyoza, and omelette are available as well.

Now I'd like to mention that this place has a number of branches. I've gone to the ones at Clarke Quay's Central (which is the original branch), Liang Court, Suntec and even the one just opposite the OCBC building at Raffles Place - I must say the one at Central is still the best one, or maybe it's just me. Anyway, do try it and let me know what you think.

Optional Information:

Average Spent Per Person:
Best Part:
Chaashuu and Aji-tamago
Recommend to Friend:
Yes
ZA
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 2 0

Comments