Yummy DIY Maki
(Updated: February 06, 2015)
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

I've been dying to try the sushi at Maki-San ever since I first saw it on Instagram some time back. What's different at Maki-San, you may wonder. Isn't sushi all the same? At Maki-San, you get to customize your food in entirety without getting your hands dirty!

I finally paid them a visit recently and I couldn't be happier! You can either eat-in or takeaway, they don't have that many seats though. All you need to do is check the boxes off according to your whim - you can select either Little San or Mega San, the type of rice and fillings, sprinkles and sauces. Nobody's gonna judge you however bizarre your chosen combination is anyway, so bring on whatever that floats your boat.

Besides customizing your own maki, you can make your own salad too. We tried customizing a salad with cold soba as its base but it didn't turn out as well, probably because my boyfriend and I didn't pick complementary ingredients.

We really enjoyed our maki and will definitely be back for more. The glutton in me will never say no to yummy sushi! And I'll keep the adorable box containing that maki the next time I visit.

Optional Information:

Best Part:
Customizable
Branch Location:
The Cathay
Recommend to Friend:
Yes
DB
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments