Italian Restaurants F farshafarsha April 13, 2012 221
Nice ambience but average macarons
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

Once you step into Tanglin Mall, you cannot miss the grandeur of Brunetti. I was captivated by the ambience and the whole decor of the cafe that I made sure to visit it for desserts after my meal at Chilli's. It sells European pastries and funnily enough, they originate from Australia! My friend ordered the chocolate eclair and I ordered some macarons. I tried the chocolate eclair and was disappointed by it. I felt that the chocolate taste could have been stronger and more authentic. It felt like "nonya kueh" to me. The texture was really weird. The macarons had a strong essence taste, like they were just using rose essence to get the flavors out. Eeeks. Tasted really artificial!

Prices are not cheap here, as one can already tell from the decor and ambience. The pretty cakes succeeds in mesmerizing me but I was already full from lunch and thus, only ordered a little to have. I would be back for the other cakes just to see how they are like, because the bad chocolate cake could be an exception! I cannot wait to try the other cakes and I hope it would not disappoint me like the chocolate cake and the macarons.
A
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments