Review Detail

Fusion Restaurants N nicole-lee November 06, 2013 316
Overcrowded
Overall Score 

After I came back from my exchange, my boyfriend was raving about this super nice ice cream café in Toa Payoh every other day. So on Saturday we went creamier for a dessert fix after our dinner.

My first impression of the place was, “can Singapore get more crowded”? Seriously the crowd there was crazy. Their café is really small and customers were basically occupying public areas like the playground and space right in front of the shop. It got me wondering if the residents there complain about it.

Then we went to see the selection of flavors available. I was sold. I definitely have to compliment them for their creativity. I was really curious about how the Sea Salt Gula Melaka and Thai Milk Tea ice cream would taste like so we ordered these flavors with their waffle. Both tasted really like how they sounded and I really like it! It’s like a creamier version of frozen milk tea and gula Melaka. Initially we wanted to occupy the public space as well but we managed to get a few seats outside the café. And as mentioned, it was super crowded and I find it rather uncomfortable because aside from the constant crowd staring at you while you eat, our table was small and shaky.

It is definitely an interesting place to hang out and I would love to try other flavors of their ice cream as well. However, I would consider twice about going there during peak hours.

P.S. we were lucky to see a MediaCorp actress there!
A
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments