Review Detail

Chinese Restaurants K kuchiki January 06, 2013 305
Meat free, but not taste free
Overall Score 

Real food is my kind of restaurant. Meat free and caring about the environment, they also don’t try to hide what they aren’t. Take a look at the website and you’ll see them admitting that their food is not cheap like other less healthy alternatives, and that the restaurant isn’t a fast food joint so don’t expect your food to come quickly. Might seem a bit weird, exposing their negatives to those who have never even visited, but I kind of like how they don’t try and pretend that they’re something they don’t aim to be.

There is a really large choice of meals, all being vegetarian or vegan, and the menu includes whether they are gluten/ wheat free etc. The service was a bit slow and they charge $0.50 per glass of tap water, bit stingy, but overall I thought that the whole experience was good. I wish that I had asked for no chilli on my Aglio Olio, as the whole thing was a fire in my mouth, which is really a shame as the rest of the meal was really delicious.

Although they admit they’re not the cheapest restaurant in the world, my pasta was only $7.80 and I thought a really reasonable choice. I want to go back and try the burgers, and my only wish is that they started using vegan cheese so that there are more vegan options.
L
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments