Yummy and OH-SO-SATISFYING!
(Updated: November 14, 2012)
Overall rating 

Food / Beverage 

Ambience 

Service 

Value 

Overall Score 

I love it when they make life much more simpler for people by stating their nett prices upfront. No hidden costs like wet towels/peanuts/GST/service charge and other sorts of rubbish. I did a bit of research beforehand before deciding the place to have my virgin Korean BBQ experience, and it was at SSIKKEK!

Everyone, please go to the Oriental Plaza branch at Chinatown, because all my friends that went to the Novena branch all complained to me that it was overrated. When I brought them to the Oriental Plaza branch afterwards, they all said it was better (the food, ambience, etc.). Also, Oriental Plaza may sound more out of the way then Novena yes, but don't be fooled! It is just a short 5 mins walk from Exit H of Outram MRT station. Come out of the exit, turn right, and walk straight ahead. No funny twists or turns anywhere.

For big groups, be sure to book about 1 week in advance! I requested for the electric grill because I thought it was more fun and wanted to impress my friends by letting them bbq IN the table (sort-of?). Service was good and they promptly refill the meats and sauces.

I agree with the others that the meats were all well-marinated and delicious, but some praise had to go to the cooked food as well! The kimchi stew was tasty and the KOREAN PANCAKES were really good!!!! All my friends were AMAZED how a bbq restaurant can produce such good Korean pancakes when other legit Korean restaurants that sell pancakes off the menu can't.

We all left the place feeling very satisfied and happy! So happy that we each bought the famous melon ice-cream at the cashier. In fact, writing this review makes me want to eat it now.

Optional Information:

Average Spent Per Person:
Branch Location:
Oriental Plaza
Recommend to Friend:
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments