Review Detail

Parks & Gardens A aravind March 30, 2012 445
Sombre and peaceful
Overall Experience 

Sembawang Park is really a park unto its own. Set in a tranquil, lush landscape in Northern Singapore, you literally feel like entering a portal into another world as you walked into it. Moreover, the panoramic views of the sea and the surrounding islands is indeed a sight to behold, something to rival Punggol point!

The first thing I look for in a park would be the running trail and the fitness corner. i found running to be a pretty good choice of activity here due to the lush, scenic environment and cooling air.The fitness corner was satisfactory with most of the equipment i'd need for a proper workout. However, I had a minor annoyance upon discovery that the pull up bars have poor grip hence rendering me unable to hit or try to surpass my usual limits.

Cycling wise would be quite a challenge since I live in Sengkang and would need to cycle to Yio Chu Kang before going up, which I'd reckon would take a solid 2-3 hours and another such time frame to get back. Moreover, some portions of the park connector was poorly demarcated and the crowds of people especially in the area of Khatib MRT made it unconduicive for safe cycling.

Overall though, a park worth a visit!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments