Review Detail

Nature Reserves A aravind March 30, 2012 2191
A real hiking experience
Overall rating 

Enjoyment 

Overall Experience 

Looking for something new to do during the weekends or holidays? I would strongly suggest a hike up Bukit Timah hill, whether you are a nature enthusiast or simply looking for new outdoor experiences.

When I visited the place a few years ago, the whole forest was still very untouched, although steps were already built and paths carved within the forest. With the opening of WELL, there has been a significant increase in the number of visitors, be it small kids or elderly. I would recommend starting your journey at WELL, to gain a deeper understanding of the history of our small rain forest before hiking up the hill.

I strongly advise you to bring enough water to keep yourself hydrated, but not too many bottles because it's senseless to hike with a heavy load. You can take a rest in the hut at the summit, and of course snap photographs of the rock which proves your conquest of the hill. The quarries are worth a visit as well, to marvel at the beauty of the clear water.

Take extreme caution when visiting the nature park after rainy days, because the slopes can get really slippery.

Optional Information:

Best part:
Nature
Recommend to a friend:
Yes
JW
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments