Review Detail

Clubs M malcolm-baey March 20, 2012 717
Great vibes and atmosphere
(Updated: July 24, 2012)
Overall rating 

Enjoyment 

Overall Experience 

At $28 for ladies and $33 for the guys with 2 free drinks, the entrance fee is on the steep side but the experience and atmosphere at Zouk is well worth it! Zouk is split into three sections - the main Zouk room, Phuture and Velvet Underground.

I love Phuture - the resident DJ spins Top 40 hits that you can sing your heart out to. However it gets very very packed and you're bound to work up a sweat! Chances are your feet will get stepped on repeatedly (heels - ouch) as people weave in and out of the crowd.

Mambo Jambo is great if you're a fan of oldies-but-goodies, feel-good and sometimes cheesy songs like Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley and Love in the First Degree by Bananarama. Some songs have accompanying hand movements that are easy to learn. As the night progresses the songs played are more recent hits, which is the part I enjoyed the most. However since Phuture is more popular, Mambo Jambo is being relocated to the Phuture room.

Zouk plays House and Trance on Friday and Saturday nights. If you're into these genres like I am, you'll quite like it there because it isn't that packed.

Oh, and another reason to visit Zouk: the big-name guest DJs! Some DJs like Armin van Buuren, Dash Berlin and Above & Beyond drop by every year to play a set. The entrance fees are raised but well worth it for the awesome music!

All in all, my favourite club and in my opinion deserving of its DJ Mag ranking!

Optional Information:

Average Spent Per Person:
Best part:
Phuture
DM
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments