Review Detail

Bars M malcolm-baey March 20, 2012 57
good place to chill out with friends
Overall rating 

Service 

Value 

Enjoyment 

Overall Experience 

I've been to acid bar twice in the last year and i do love the ambience at the place. Besides the acid bar, where seats are indoors with a live band, there's also the alley bar (literally a bar in an alley setting) and the outdoors cafe and bar right next to acid bar. The music in acid bar was very loud both times when i went, and that made it difficult to have proper conversations, especially in a big group.

There are tables that cater for small groups (3-5 people) and also tables for bigger groups (up to 10). The sofa cushions and stools are pretty comfy. The high chairs and tables not so. The bar's dimly lit, and has a cosy feel to it. It's usually very crowded on fri or sat nights but you'll definitely be able to find seats on weekday nights.

The music, though rather loud for my liking, is consistently good. When i went on a weekday, service was prompt. However, when i went on a weekend, service was rather slow and the staff are kept busy throughout the night. The staff also took quite some time to get us a table although there were tables that were empty. We had to repeatedly approach staff to finally get ourselves some seats.

Drinks at acid bar are reasonably priced. they have shots going for $60 per tray(25 shots) and pretty decent promotions for beer.

While i like the place for the music and the drinks, it would be better if it was quieter and if the service was better.
J
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments