Review Detail

LAN & Video Games B bojio October 17, 2012 4019
An evening of fun!
(Updated: January 13, 2014)
Overall Rating 

I remembered visiting Playnation with 3 friends last year whilst we were wondering what to do with the few hours before our movie. My first impression of it was just a quaint little store tucked in between larger cafes and grocery stalls. I won't even have walked past it if I wasn't on my way back from visiting the video game shop down one of the aisles of shophouses which boasts of a wonderful stock of games.

Looking innocent and belittled, the only thing about the store that catches one's eyes would be the colourful display board at its doors boasting of the wonderful rates for board games and video games available. Of course, the vibrant, cheeky cartoon monkey that is its logo is a bonus as well.

We decided on board games and it was a choice we never regretted. Aside from common board games such as Scrabble and Monopoly, the outlet offers unique board games such as Boom Town, The Settlers, Saboteur. The lists simply go. Once we learnt the basic rules of the games, my friends made the devastating decision to team up against me. It was loads of fun as we 'sabo-ed' each other repeatedly to the extent that we were unwilling to leave the cafe for dinner and even extended our package from 1 hour to 3 hours.

One thing I like about Playnation was that they have an in-house kitchen so we can just order food as we play. Moreover, the staff are friendly and often offered to show us techniques to play the games. It was awesome when I learnt a few secrets and destroyed the alliance!

So it went on such that the hours passed by, before we knew it, it was 11pm already and all plans for a movie were declared shelved. Definitely a place I enjoyed tremendously and somewhere I would want to visit again!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments