Review Detail

Others B bxbong April 05, 2013 626
Perhaps not a very good idea for a rock concert
Overall Rating 

I went to a Japanese rock concert held at The Coliseum at Hard Rock Hotel a little less than a month ago, and I have to say - while the music was truly amazing, the venue did little to satisfy.

While The Coliseum may be spacious, I don't actually think the space matters that much at a concert where everyone is probably trying to push forward in an attempt to touch the lead singer's holy feet. Furthermore, The Coliseum, being an open-air arena, definitely gets overbearingly hot and stuffy mid-concert. In fact, during the concert that I attended, everyone around me was jumping and screaming and wiping their sweat every 5 minutes. And let me tell you this - there is absolutely nothing more horrifying than to feel a drop of water land on your cheek, and you look up to see if it's raining, only to realise that the venue is sheltered and that the drop of water actually belongs to someone else's sweat.

Not to mention, the fact that a thousand (or possibly more) screaming fans are being packed together under a stuffy roof means a lot of reused air, and I do suppose this could potentially spell trouble for those with asthma. In fact, just in the span of an hour and a half, I'd witnessed at least two people being carried out by their friends for some fresh air.

That being said, The Coliseum undeniably has a wonderful audio system, and the music simply reverberates around the hall and the bass goes deep into your spine.

The Coliseum definitely has the potential to be a wonderful concert venue. Just box it up and put in an air-conditioner (or twenty), and it'd certainly be rock haven.
R
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments