Review Detail

Cinemas & IMAX M malcolm-baey April 16, 2012 1288
A mall with its cinema as the sole attraction
(Updated: April 16, 2012)
Overall Rating 

The Cathay is a mall known for its cinema, and I have to admit that the many times I've visited this place is solely because of its cinema. Before Shaw @ Lido was revamped, this was the best cinema in town to me because the seats were both spacious and comfortable as compared to the rest of the cinemas in town.

Apart from the cinema, there really is nothing to attract the crowd to this mall. The shops here don't attract lots of human traffic because of their overpriced, albeit interesting, items. The only two shops that do bring in a steady number of customers are Starbucks and Ben & Jerry's - many students choose to study at these two places, particularly because The Cathay is quieter as compared to other places in town. It is also conveniently located near SMU and Dhoby Ghaut MRT station, which makes it easy for students to meet up to study together.

The shops in The Cathay are worth checking out though, some of the shops sell some really interesting items which are not commonly seen in other shops, but they're generally too overpriced and it's not worth buying them unless you've got some spare cash to spend, or unless you're feeling particularly generous that day.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments