Cinemas & IMAX T thegazette April 18, 2012 764
Average, good for gatherings.
Overall rating 

Value 

Service 

Quality 

Satisfaction 

Overall Rating 

As many new cinemas gain popularity among youths, Eng Wah is somewhat forsaken.

The first reason may be the cinema facilities itself. Seats are average, but they get hot after about 1 hour, which makes it uncomfortable for the viewers. The sound system works well, but gets distorted at higher volumes, making it hard to hear.

Popcorn is slightly below average, and lacks some taste and crunch to it.

However, the good thing is that there is no crowd, and you do not have to queue up to get movie tickets or food and drinks. This would be great for those who often watch movies in a group, or those having a class gathering.

Service is great, though. Most of the staff are from the older generation, and they treat their customers with respect, unlike other cinemas, where some staff treat customers rudely. This really shows a lot about the younger generation these days. Because of this, I feel sorry that Eng Wah is losing its popularity, and I would dread the day that Eng Wah closes down.

If they continue to leave their cinemas in their current state, they would be sure to lose business. Some maintenance would really boost their popularity, especially with their current service.

I'm torn between recommend it, but I have to be objective and judge it based on its facilities.

Optional Information:

Average Spent:
Best Part:
Service
Branch Location:
Toa Payoh
Recommend to a friend:
No
I
Top 500 Reviewer 12 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments