Mother’s Day 2021 at Chinatown Point
With Mother’s Day around the corner, we’ve been thinking long and hard for ways to treat our mums. A box of chocolates and flower bouquet? Thoughtful gifts for sure, but if you’re looking for something more meaningful, then Chinatown Point is where you and your mum can spend some quality time together.
From now to 30th May 2021, Chinatown Point has a lineup of fun activities for you to celebrate Mother’s Day. Besides scoring discounted cakes and wines, there’s also a unique AR artshow, shopping promos and even a fun selfie giveaway where you can win NTUC vouchers and a special Mother’s Day gift set.
Spend quality time at an AR artshow
This AR artshow isn’t anything like the museum exhibitions we’ve seen in the past. Gone are the stuffy “see but do not touch” vibes – at Moo Moo PARK, all artworks are interactive through AR tech. Simply use your smartphone to scan the QR code next to each art piece and you’ll be blown away by the animation and added sound effects.
These artworks were inspired by the Year of the Ox, hence the frequent ox motifs.
Now that the exhibition is at Chinatown Point from now till 30th May 2021, take the time to wander through and spend some quality time with your mum. It’s all food for thought, with the common theme as saving the earth. The eight local artists featured have put in their own interpretations on what they can do – focusing on topics like climate change and sustainability.
Win NTUC vouchers & a special Mother’s Day gift set
You can also make the most of the Moo Moo PARK AR filters, which comes with all sorts of quirky features. From a vibrant cherry blossom mask to animated cartoon characters, you’ll be enjoying the time with your mum while taking snapshots together. Post it on IG if you like, but what you should definitely do is join Chinatown Point’s Facebook giveaway.
It’s worth doing so since the top three most creative selfies will win NTUC vouchers and a Mother’s Day Gift Set (worth a total of $100)*. Even if your mother’s camera-shy, she’ll change her mind once she sees the gift set – it comes with a cartoonised “Wondermum” figure on useful items like a mug and apron.
Image credit: Chinatown Point
To join the giveaway, all you have to do is:
1. Scan the QR code that’s by each mural
2. “Like” Chinatown Point’s Facebook page and follow them on Instagram
3. Upload your selfie in the Facebook post thread
4. Share the post
And that’s it – you’re now in the running to win your mum a special gift set and NTUC vouchers*.
*Terms & conditions apply.
Pamper your mum with a shopping spree
Despite all mothers protesting against unnecessary gifts and telling you to stop wasting your money, they secretly love it when you splurge on them. With ample shopping promos going on this month, it’s time to take your mother out for a shopping spree at Chinatown Point.
Whether it’s a full-fledged spa day or a spicy mala hotpot dinner, you’re bound to find something that your mum will enjoy. You’ve got many promos to look forward to, so you can plan a fun Mother’s Day itinerary while maximising your savings.
Image credit: @winxnomz
Start the day with a hearty meal. A five-course lunch, bak kut teh or mixian (rice noodles) – your mum’s spoilt for choice. Chinatown Point has plenty of F&B joints, but we’ll be eyeing these restaurants for their Mother’s Day promotions:
- A-One Signature – $108.80 for Mother’s Day Bundle Meal (U.P. $158)
- Song Fa Bak Kut Teh – $5 cashback when you spend a min. of $30 between now to 9th May 2021
- Taikoo Lane Hot Pot – Free Jug of Plum Drink ($10.80) with each order of Mala Spicy Frog Hotpot with Fish Head + Free Handmade Noodle ($3.80) with each order of Chongqing Spicy Pickled Soup
- Tamjai Samgor Mixian – Free Mixian noodles for all mothers with min. 2 paying adults, from now to 9th May 2021
You can then pop by a TCM clinic or spa to make sure that everything’s all well and good:
- Eu Yan Sang TCM Clinic – $42 Package with Consultation + Body Acupuncture
- Joyre TCMedi Spa – $58 90-minute Joyre Signature Meridian Detox Bojin Facial (U.P. $398)
End the day off with a surprise gift. When you’re scoring 28% off a bottle of wine or snagging a discounted bouquet of flowers, you know that your mum won’t be able to resist praising your money-saving skills.
- KEYI – $38.80 for Birds Nest Gift Set (U.P. $63)
- Luo Lan Art Living – 10% off Mother’s Day Fresh Flower Bouquet + 50% off oil paintings
- Natural Wild Honey – Buy three bottles to get one free
- PrimaDeli – 10% off Mother’s Day cakes from now to 9th May 2021
- Yi Shi Yuan – $88 Package with Beauty Buddy and Lingzhi Crack Spores (U.P. $140)
- Wine Connection – up to 28% off selected wines
What to do for Mother’s Day 2021
It’s worth spending a day out with your mum at Chinatown Point since they’re celebrating Mother’s Day 2021 for the entire month. Taking selfies at an AR artshow, winning NTUC vouchers, and going for a shopping spree – it’s a day you’ll both remember fondly.
On top of their many shopping promos, you can also join their Sure-win Lucky Spin simply by spending a min. of $88* at any of their stores. With this, you’ll get to spin the wheel for the chance to redeem up to $10 in shopping vouchers from the mall’s many offerings.
*Min. spend of $128 with NTUC FairPrice or Melaleuca receipts.
It could simply be going for a nice meal out together or even shopping for groceries at NTUC FairPrice, but whatever it is, spending Mother’s Day together will make for some quality bonding time.
This post was brought to you by Chinatown Point.
Cover image adapted from: @jasontan621
Drop us your email so you won't miss the latest news.