TheSmartLocal.com hands out cash prizes every month to our members with the highest activity points. This month's point race contest has just officially ended. Lets have a look at the TSL members who made it into 2012 October's hall of fame!
Presenting our Winners:
- Iswariya ($50)
- eng10523 ($50)
- minicolee ($20)
The $100 prize break down for the top 3 was supposed to be #1 $50, #2 $30 and #3 $20. But because it was such a close fight between the top 2, we decided it would be silly if one of them got first over the other at the last minute when they both have made such amazing contributions. So we decided to award the first place prize of $50 each to both Iswariya and eng10523.
November month's contest will be even bigger and better, with up to $160 in prizes for give away for the top 5 members with the most points. November's contest is now LIVE! and will run till 10pm, 30th November.
There has been a slight tweak in the way points are earned so do take note of this in the list below. There are also a few new ways you can earn points, namely through making friends with other members on TSL and writing featured guide blogs. Here are all the ways you can earn points.
How do I earn points?
By being active on TSL, nearly everything you do gives you points! Here is the full breakdown of how you can earn points with our point system.
- Make a wall post on someone's page or update your status - 0.50 points (New!)
- Add a video - 1 Point (New!)
- "Like" a forum post - 1 Point 0.25 points
- Receive a "Like" on a forum post- 2 Points0.75 points
- New Review Comment - 3 points (Leave a comment on someone's review!)
- New Forum Post - 5 points 4 Points
- New Forum Topic - 7 points 6 points
- New Review - 8 points
- New Listing - 10 points
- New Blog - 30 points 25 points
- Make a New friend - 25 points (New!)
- Upload your avatar for the first time - 50 points (New!)
- Invite a friend to register on the site successfully 50 points (He/She has to do an activity or the system will not register it)
- You get 10% bonus points of all the points your registered friend generates (Unlike silly MLM stuff, this does not effect your friend's points in any way, he/she still gets the same regardless of registering through you or by themselves)
- Have your blog featured as a "guide" - 50 additional points (total 75 points) (New!)
- Have your blog featured on the front page - 100 additional points (total 125 points) (New!)
- New Member - 20 points 100 points
How do I make friends?
Simply navigate to anyone's profile and click the button in shown in (1). Your new friend will appear in the space shown in (3) if they accept your request. To start off your list you can add me as a friend here, I will always accept your request! You can also make a wall post (2) on anyones' profile. We are a very friendly community so have fun making friends and talking to other members!
How do I invite a friend to register?
Simple! Just go to your profile page then click on the facebook button and add in your own personal message about TheSmartLocal!!
How can my blog become a guide?
Continue to submit your blogs as usual under "Submit a Blog". If it qualifies after an admin reads it, it will be moved and spotlighted in our guide section and you will be then awarded the bonus points. minicolee's guide of "Photoshoot worthy places in Singapore" is a good example of a decent guide that qualifies under this system and is our first ever TSL member featured guide! If you wanna earn points through blogging, why not spend a bit more time on it to produce something really good! Basically blogs that are of higher quality than a standard "blog" and cover an interesting topic have the chance of being featured as a guide.
With front page articles, the detail and quality expected goes up one level further. Only articles that have had plenty of effort put into them can qualify as a front page feature. Check out the recent article I wrote "A List of Notable Blogs to check out!" as an example of what qualifies for a front page feature. You of course also get the honour of your article being featured on our front page for everyone to see!
Good luck everyone!
Any unnatural behaviour will result in disqualification from our contest. As this system is still new, we will continue to tweak the points slightly to make it as fair as possible.
Although very unlikely to happen, TheSmartLocal reserves the right to amend the rules of the competition as they see fit at any time