Helpling is like a match making service between the client and the service provider who may be an individual or a small company.
Hot 4295 0 0
Theft and substandard service from hassle.com now called helpling.co.uk:
1. A year or so ago, I left a gold longines watch (lent to me by my dad) in my parent's bedroom, in our flat in Marylebone, since my father would be arriving in London in a few days and he would find it there then.
2. When I went back one day to that room, after the cleaner (sent from hassle.com) had left, I couldn’t find the watch. Only the cleaner had been to that room. No one else has come to my flat recently.
3. I reported it to the hassle.com/ helpling.co.uk and they asked me to report it to the police.
4. I reported it to the police, who came to my place twice to ask questions etc. My dad was here then too, and we showed them pictures of my dad wearing the watch, etc.
5. Anyway, after a lot of days, calls etc, the cleaner came to the police station, and she said (obviously) that she hadn’t taken the watch.
6. The police also said that there was no criminal record of the cleaner, in their records.
7. In the end, because of the above, the police said that the case had come to an end.
8. I asked hassle.com for compensation for my stolen watch due by their cleaner, from insurance, which they said that they have, but the weird thing is, they want a receipt! They said that on producing the receipt, they would give 75%, and 25% would need to be given by me for the theft of a product done by their cleaner.
9. Hassle.com mentioned that they had done a check for the cleaner, but no police check had been done for the cleaner.
10. I think it's a bit ridiculous for them to expect people to keep receipts for everything they buy; what would they do if family heirlooms would be stolen by their cleaners. We shouldn't have to produce a receipt for a theft, which has happened due to their cleaner.
11. Horrible service, and have stopped using them. At least hopefully otherwise should be aware of hassle.com’s substandard service.
12. I posted it onto trustpilot.com and it seems that a similar theft had happened to someone else, who contacted me, and with whom I am planning the next course of action.
13. Thought other people in the tech sector should know about this horrible company, hassle.com/helpling.co.uk
This company is a scam. Engaged their service and was charged even when their cleaner did not turn up for 2 consecutive weeks! Tried to terminate their service and was further charged a termination fee of $300 when when they have not done a single service and breached their own terms! They even insisted they are a just a matching platform and they have done their part by matching a cleaner for you, what happens between the cleaner and you next is none of their business!
We have used Helpling's platform on several occasions to book a cleaner online. On all occasions we found (different) cleaners in a short amount of time. The platform is very user friendly to plan the bookings and for us to manage the payments as well. Overall very satisfied with this service!!
I had a chance to try Helpling service when I was fortunate to get a coupon for 50% for one time cleaning. I ordered a 5 hours service and I was assigned an individual. He came late because Helpling gave him the wrong address but insisted me to wait. I waited for 45min and though he did his 5 hours worth of work, he left many spots untouched.
Generally, I find cleaning more thoroughly done when the cleaners are under a specific company as they have a reputation to up keep and hope to repeated business.