In the 60s, this masjid was one of the important symbols for the villagers living in kampung around Bedok.
It was first built in 1883 and this single-storey masjid has gone several renovations. It now serves the handful residents living nearby as well as in the East. It also attracts worshippers from other areas as well who happen to be in the vicinity.
It has an approximate capacity of 400, and the masjid holds regular religious classes taught by famous teachers from Singapore and guest teachers from around the region.