Menu

65%

(Above Average)
Smoulder

Smoulder Hot

 
(2 Reviews)
Website   Facebook Page 1672   2   0
China Square Food Centre, 51 Telok Ayer Street Singapore S048441
 
Write Review
Averlynn Lim http://thesmartlocal.com/media/reviews/photos/thumbnail/64x64c/57/31/f3/_smoul-1355326236.jpg
Listing created by Averlynn Lim on December 12, 2012    

Specializes in different types of molten lava cakes, flavors range from dark chocolate to white chocolate matcha.



Photos

Move Map
Swap Start/End

User reviews

Already have an account? or Create an account


User Ratings Summary

User rating summary from: 2 user(s)

novelty lava cakes

I had Smoulder cakes just 4 days ago and it was my first time having them. My mom bought a box of 9 for $24 and she bought the lemon flavor, oreo flavor and their signature chocolate lava cake. The cakes were really small and upon holding to inspect, the lava inside the cake threatened to erupt. I immediately placed it back down! I don't know why I held it up in the first place but guys, this little cake is heavy. Imagine the amount of flowy goodness inside.

I wasn't that thrilled about the chocolate ones because I've seen it many times outside. If it's lava cake, there is a 90% chance it is chocolate. The other 10% being other flavors that I haven't seen. I immediately grabbed the Oreo flavor and I really liked it!!! The filling was milky and sweet and went really well with the little cake. Yums. Next, I tried the lemon one and it was tangy and refreshing. How often do you get to have oreo and lemon lava cakes? I didn't try the chocolate one but according to my sister, it was chocolatey in a good way. Not too sweet and it carried a tinge of bitterness. The next time I get to have these little cakes, I would be sure to microwave it. My mind is telling me that warm fillings would be great. Till the next time...

Optional Information:

Recommend to Friend:
Yes
Was this review helpful to you? 

Flowy Goodness!

After their new outlet opened at Raffles City, I was so excited to get me some cakes. It was finally in a more accessible place.

When I saw the cakes in the display, I was shocked, I imagined a cake that was twice as big as it's real size. But nevertheless, it did look good. I got the white chocolate maccha, black forest and the white chocolate lemon to try. Initially i wanted only 2, but the staff told me that only with 3 then I could get the box. It was great that they lowered the prices of the cakes so it would be more affordable, though it still isn't cheap now.

Beware of overheating/heating for too long, for that's what happened to me, I left it in a microwave a tad too long and the insides became cake. So it was just one whole cake instead of a cake with a flowy centre. Was a little disappointed. The lemon was sufficiently tangy to offset the sweetness of white chocoalate, as for the matcha one, the matcha taste was really strong, which I liked. All in all, it wasn't overly sweet and sufficiently flowy for a lava cake, but it would be better if the cakes were moister.

Was this review helpful to you?