Traders Hotel Hot
Johor, Malaysia 79000
Opened on 1 June 2013, Traders Hotel, Puteri Harbour, Johor, Malaysia is a contemporary deluxe city hotel located in Nusajaya, Johor. It offers 283 guestrooms and suites with complimentary
broadband and Wi-Fi, spacious bathrooms and other modern facilities.
User Ratings Summary
User rating summary from: 1 user(s)
Awesome hotel for weekend getaway at the Family Theme Park
Certainly an awesome new hotel ! the excellent service starts from the very beginning, from the minute you reserves the room via the hotel website. Upon confirmation, you will receive an SMS notification. Simply show the front office staff the SMS when checking in, no need to print confirmation voucher. During checking out, you can opt for invoice of your hotel expenses to be emailed (or the usual printed copy). Talk about environmentally friendly !
For visitors looking to visit the Puteri Harbour Family Theme Park (Hello Kitty Town, The Big Little Club and Lat's Place), this hotel is the only option at this moment. It is just steps away from the theme park.
For easy reference, I will list the good and not so great findings in point form (my room type is the deluxe marina facing unit at level 1, block 2) :
WHAT"S GOOD -
1) Great location. Just very short walking distance to the Puteri Harbour Family Theme Park (housed in The Little Red Cube building besides the hotel). Wi-Fi is avail throughout the hotel.
2) Very good room amenities - Day/Night curtains are motorised, enlarging round mirror have built-in ring light (see pic), the bed fabrics and pillows are very comfy, rain shower and bathtub avail in the washroom (good water pressure). Even ladies hair bands are provided. Ironing board and hair blower are similarly provided, no need to borrow from housekeeping.
3) The hotel breakfast range of food are wide and superb ! wake up early and enjoy it slowly, it's one of the hotel highlights.
4) Great pool view at the roof top (Level 3A) and Gym. The pool is a little small though adequate.
5) Great friendly service from all staff at the hotel.
6) Convenience store (Caring brand) located right at the hotel groundfloor.
7) Eateries available (Sushi King, Shihlin Taiwan Street Snack at present)
WHAT"S NOT SO GOOD:
1) Room a bit small (32sg.m2, - marina facing deluxe)
2) Room rate not quite competitive (get the city facing unit if you don't need great view of the marina)
3) Hotel still undergoing renovation and extension at this moment (on Saturday morning, the workers started knocking away at 8.06am)
4) Many shops at the hotel are not opened yet. Perhaps only 1/3 opened? Only Shihlin Taiwan Street snack and Sushi King food outlet opened (other eateries opened at the Little Red Cube)
5) The room wooden strips flooring was waxy and slippery. Pregnant ladies and older folks must be more careful.
6) The carpark are rather narrow. Be careful when driving in and out of the ramps.
So will I stay at the hotel again in the future ? a definite YES! if I'm to visit the Puteri Harbour Family theme park again.